20 witty answers to tricky recruiter questions

1. What is your biggest weakness, that is, really weakness, not a veiled advantage?

I am very impatient, I expect that my employees will appear on the first task. If it doesn’t work out for them, I immediately stop delegating tasks to them and do everything myself. To compensate for my weakness, I began to more accurately explain to employees what I expect from them.
2. Will you try to take my position?

Maybe in 20 years, when I think you will be managing the entire company, and you will need a good faithful assistant who would manage this department.
3. You often changed your career. Why should my company become a field for your experiments?

I believe that a career change makes me an even more valuable employee, because I have diverse experience that allows me to solve problems creatively.
4. If you work here for five years without getting a promotion, will this upset you? Many of our employees find themselves in this situation.

I consider myself ambitious, but also practical. As long as I continue to study and grow in my position, I will be happy. Different companies promote people at different speeds, and I’m sure that working for you will provide me with motive and incentive for many years.
5. Imagine that you work in company X, which produces a certain product, and suddenly the market drops sharply. What will you do?

I would search and explore new markets for this product, while simultaneously encouraging engineers to change the product so that it would be in great demand among its original audience.
6. Judging by the resume, you were fired twice. How did you react to these layoffs?

After I recovered from shock twice, I felt stronger every time. It is true that I was fired twice, but both times I was able to recover and find a job with more responsibility, with a higher salary and in more successful companies.
7. You want to say that in your 40+ you are ready to start a career anew just to work in our company?

Sometimes you need to take a step back to advance on the career ladder. Work in the initial positions will allow you to learn more about the work of the company in more detail. My previous work is so different from working in your company that I am glad of the opportunity to start from the very beginning. Wage reduction is worth it.
8. What risks have you taken recently? How did it end, good or bad?

I used to work in a large international PR company, where life was very monotonous, but comfortable. The employees left the office at 6 o’clock, and our clients were biotechnology companies that trusted our top management. After a few years, I had the feeling that I was not learning anything new, and, I confess, I was bored. Then I decided that if I agree to a position in a smaller PR firm, then the work will become more interesting.

I joined a small company that existed for only five years. The decision was a huge mistake. Top management was terribly unprofessional, they did not have contacts with newspapers and television necessary to serve our customers properly. I was the only person from the whole company who generally had any contacts! Clients were given promises that were unrealistic to fulfill. Full fiasco.

After six months of such work, I called the company where I worked before and asked to be returned. Of course, I got a little for the lack of loyalty, but they happily hired me back. From that time, I worked there with a feeling of gratitude and boredom ... and that is why I am now in an interview with you.
9. What risks and disadvantages do you see in the position you are applying for?

Given that the main office is located halfway around the world, there is a possibility that I will not be able to interact sufficiently with the management. But, on the other hand, the distance can be overcome through round-the-clock communication through video calls and email.
10. Can you describe the work of your dreams?

This is the work of my dreams, which is why I sent a resume to this position. I am very glad that I have the opportunity to work in your company and contribute to the development of your business.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Where to learn programming in Ukraine

Event marketer: how to master a simple and profitable profession